This 45 minute course presents fundamental information on work practices and engineering controls that are used in HAZMAT environments. Upon completing the course, employees should:
- Know what "work practices" are typically used in HAZMAT environments.
- Be able to identify different types of "engineering controls".
- Know what information is covered in a Site Safety and Health Plan.
- Be able to describe typical emergency response measures.
- Understand how to use an eyewash station in an emergency.
1910 Subpart H - Hazardous Materials, 1910.120 - Hazardous waste operations and emergency response.