This 45 minute course presents fundamental information on Monitoring Procedures and Equipment. Upon completing the course, employees should:
- Know why OSHA requires atmospheric monitoring to be performed in all HAZWOPER environments.
- Understand the difference between "detection" and "surveillance".
- Be able to identify different types of monitoring devices.
- Understand the advantages and limitations of different types of monitoring equipment.
- Know how "personal monitoring is performed.
1910 Subpart H - Hazardous Materials, 1910.120 - Hazardous waste operations and emergency response.