This 25 minute course gives employees the information they need to stay safe when they are walking in an area where forklifts operate. Topics include:
- How and why forklift accidents involving pedestrians occur.
- Safety precautions that facilities can take to help reduce the risk of forklift-related pedestrian incidents.
- How to make sure that a forklift operator is able to see pedestrians.
- Keeping a safe distance from an operating forklift.
- Walking safely around a forklift.
- Safe work practices for pedestrians who are in areas where forklifts operate.
1910 Subpart N - Materials Handling and Storage, 1910.178 - Powered industrial trucks.