Senior QA Analyst / Senior Test Engineer
Start Date: May 21, 2018
For more than 30 years, global companies have used Dakota’s Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) software to track and trend EHS compliance and performance. Dakota empowers these organizations to achieve their Corporate Social Responsibility goals and, ultimately, helps to make the world a cleaner and safer place.
Join an energetic growing software company where your input makes a difference. At Dakota, you’ll enjoy stimulating work in a friendly environment that fosters creativity and collaboration. Dakota offers flexibility and a competitive benefits program. Most importantly, work-life balance is valued at Dakota.
- Work closely with product owners in order to understand product vision and client needs
- Collaborate with Technology team members to identify solutions that successfully address business issues, adhere to quality standards, and yield positive user experiences
- Contribute to the creation of clear, concise acceptance criteria
- Identify testing scope and estimate test effort based on acceptance criteria and/or risk-based testing models
- Design and document functional test cases and generate needed test data
- Perform functional, integration, and regression testing, record and manage defects, and report test results
- Own testing activities and results throughout the software development life cycle
- Implement and advocate QA team standards and best practices as a means to drive process and product improvement
- Identify and support process improvement initiatives within the QA discipline
- Mentor Quality Assurance team members in order to enhance the skill sets within the team
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, or related experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Quality Assurance within a software environment, preferably in manual testing
- Strong knowledge of Quality Assurance principles, methodologies, practices, and tools
- Understanding of risk-based testing practices
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Ability to innovate, simplify processes, and maintain relentlessly high standards
- Demonstrates creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Strong analytical, multitasking, problem solving, and detail orientation skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
Location: Cleveland, OH 44115
Dakota Software Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with federal, state, and local laws, we will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to, ethnic background, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, non- job related handicap/disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or military status.
Applications are not intended to, and do not create a contract or offer of employment. If hired, employment with the company will be on an at-will basis.