Sales Development Representative
Start Date: February 01, 2019
Dakota Software is currently seeking entry-level sales staff to join our growing sales and marketing team. Individuals in this role serve as the ambassador of Dakota Software initiating the contact with prospective clients. It is the critical first step in the sales process.
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for researching, prospecting, and developing relationships with potential clients in a B2B environment. Representatives have the autonomy to plan their work. A typical day includes making 50-60 calls and having about 5 conversations, with either prospected clients, trade show attendees, and companies that have already expressed interest in Dakota's product. The rest of the day involves documenting notes in a CRM, researching potential clients, and sending written communication.
- Develop new business opportunities by researching, identifying, and securing appointments with qualified decision makers in a B2B environment
- Conduct online research to identify new leads and target accounts
- Engage prospects by phone, email and social media to generate interest in Dakota Software’s products and services
- Qualify leads and prospects by identifying and documenting specific needs relative to Dakota's product offering
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and developments through web research (trade journals, newsletters, blogs, etc.), trade-shows, sales seminars, and educational meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 2+ years of professional work experience; experience in sales or customer support preferred
- Experience working independently, setting goals, and executing against them towards a greater strategy
- Experience with CRM software management and documentation preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of enterprise software solutions preferred
- Good analytical, problem solving, and detail orientation skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong self-motivation, and achievement-orientation to succeed
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and collaboration skills
- Interest in pursuing a professional career in Sales preferred
Location: Cleveland, OH, 44115
Dakota Software Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with federal, state, and local laws, we will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to, ethnic background, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, non- job related handicap/disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or military status.
Applications are not intended to, and do not create a contract or offer of employment. If hired, employment with the company will be on an at-will basis.