Start Date: November 20, 2018
For more than 30 years, global companies have used Dakota’s Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) software to track and trend EHS compliance and performance. Dakota empowers these organizations to achieve their Corporate Social Responsibility goals and, ultimately, helps to make the world a cleaner and safer place.
Join an energetic growing software company where your input makes a difference. At Dakota, you’ll enjoy stimulating work in a friendly environment that fosters creativity and collaboration. Dakota offers flexibility and a competitive benefits program. Most importantly, work-life balance is valued at Dakota.
The Software Tester will work on the production end of the software development life cycle, writing inspection procedures and auditing the process after production.
- Collect and analyze testing requirements
- Design and specify test methods for software inspection, verification, and validation
- Perform functional, integration, and regression testing, record and manage defects, and report test results
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content
- Document test procedures to ensure replicability and compliance with standards
- Apply software testing principles to the software development process
- Work with software development team members to communicate the impact of testing results
- Provide feedback and recommendations to UX/UI developers on software usability and functionality
- Participate in Agile development team and practices
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, or related experience
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in Quality Assurance within a software environment, preferably in manual testing
- Experience in an Agile, and Test Driven Development environment is preferred
- Knowledge of software testing principles, theories, industry best practices, and techniques for software development and implementation methodologies
- Attention to detail
- Skills in collecting and organizing complex data, and problem-solving
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet close deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
Location: Cleveland, OH 44115
Dakota Software Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with federal, state, and local laws, we will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to, ethnic background, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, non- job related handicap/disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or military status.
Applications are not intended to, and do not create a contract or offer of employment. If hired, employment with the company will be on an at-will basis.