Senior DevOps Engineer
Start Date: October 29, 2018
For more than 30 years, global companies have used Dakota’s Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Management Systems to monitor and analyze their compliance programs with environmental and safety regulations. Dakota empowers these organizations to achieve their Corporate Social Responsibility goals and, ultimately, helps to make the world a cleaner and safer place.
Join an energetic growing software company where your input makes a difference. At Dakota, you’ll enjoy stimulating work in a friendly environment that fosters creativity and collaboration. Dakota offers flexibility and a competitive benefits program. Most importantly, work-life balance is valued at Dakota.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be focused on the execution of Dakota’s DevOps strategy. This includes production technical support, delivering cloud-based infrastructure environment, maintaining development and production environments, release management, and establishing service level agreements both internally and externally.
- Maintain high quality performance standards and provide direction to enable continuous improvement
- Support DevOps strategy and on-going implementation
- Oversee the build and production process, track release activities, and report progress to all stakeholders
- Support and ensure stability of Dakota Software client and production environments
- Oversee product technical support and application monitoring
- Collaborate inter and intra-departmentally to resolve issues in environments
- Prepare necessary documentation for configuration, troubleshooting and ongoing maintenance of the environment
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Apply Agile principles to software development and delivery process
- Perform other related job duties as may be assigned or required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field required
- Experience mentoring associates
- 3+ years of experience in services management in a software environment
- Experience with configuration management, continuous integrations, and continuous deployments
- Scripting experiences with PowerShell, Bash, or similar is a plus
- Experience working with cloud-based services such as Azure
- Experience with release management tools such as Octopus Deploy
- Experience leading teams through client focused software development projects
- Experience with Statement of Work (SOW) preparation and project estimation
- Experience with business processes, business analysis, and general business acumen
- Experience with client relations and services
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks towards completion
- Strong analytical, multitasking, problem solving, and detail orientation skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Location: Cleveland, OH 44115
Dakota Software Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with federal, state, and local laws, we will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to, ethnic background, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, non- job related handicap/disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or military status.
Applications are not intended to, and do not create a contract or offer of employment. If hired, employment with the company will be on an at-will basis.